Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CAPE SALMON WITH PEAS + MUSHROOMS


I'm never very experimental with fish. I like it simple. Grilled with a bit of butter and lemon juice. I have now realised that it has nothing to do with simple I've just been plain boring. Luckily my saving grace has been that I have become quite a fan of Mark Hix, unfortunately his restaurant was fully booked when we were in London so sadly we didnt get to sample his incredible menu but I did buy his book and found this recipe which has definitely opened my taste buds to new + exciting fishy combinations and as you will see it couldnt be more simple!

4 Fillets (150g each)
Salt + Pepper
Few knobs of butter
200g Wild Mushrooms
1 Tbs Chopped Parsley

PEAS
150g Peas
Pinch of Sugar
100g Butter
1 Shallot Finely Chopped
120ml Fish / Veg Stock

Cook peas in boiling water with sugar.
Melt half the butter in a pan + cook the shallot until soft.
Add peas + stock, simmer until most of the stock has evaporated.
Blend to a coarse puree, return to pan, add remaining butter.

Season the fish.
Heat the oil + butter in a pan, cook the fish (2/3 minutes per side).
While the fish is cooking heat 2 knobs of butter in another pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 4/5 minutes until tender.

Spoon the pea puree onto plates, add fish, mushrooms and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment